Forum breadcrumbs – You are here:Asgaros Support ForumSupport403 Forbidden Error
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

403 Forbidden Error

I installed Asgaros Forum on a Wordpress site a couple of weeks ago and have been making numerous posts getting it ready to show to our club so they can begin posting. I haven’t had any posting issues and it’s been working great for me!

I have a colleague that also has administrator access to the site who seems to get a 403 forbidden error when creating a new topic and making an initial submission within the topic that was named General Discussions, so I deleted the forum and created another, naming it General Topics. She still has the same issue within that topic. She is able to create topics in other forums on the site. She is using Chrome.

I don’t have any issues posting to that forum, nor does another test user that only has Subscriber access to the site.

I don’t know if the 403 error is from the forum software or a message from Wordpress, so I’ve attached the image.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Uploaded files:
  • Forbidden.jpg

I believe I found the issue. We were making a post about hosting a game night which included playing poker. Having the work “poker” in the post triggers the 403.

Are specific words blocked by the forum, or would I need to contact our hosting service about this?

Hello @richardb97

Asgaros Forum does not block any words or contents inside topics or posts. I also dont create any 403-errors inside the plugin.

I assume that its maybe caused by another WordPress (security) extension or by some configuration of your web-server which blocks access/actions based on certain requests.

If you want to support the development of Asgaros Forum, you can leave a good review or donate. Thank you very much!

I am having similar error whenever I try to insert image on a new topic

Hi @kingoloj,

if you get a 403 response from the server when you try to upload a picture, then it’s often a problem with your .htaccess file or a security plugin.

Uploads from Asgaros Forum are stored in /wp-content/uploads/asgarosforum on your webspace.

You should first check the .htaccess files for some entries like “jpg” or “png”. Note that these files can also appear in subfolders. So it’s best to start in the asgaros folder and work your way down to the root directory.

To check if the 403 response is caused by another plugin. Try to deactivate all security plugins and check if the problem is solved. If not try to deactivate all the other plugins to see if there is any problem.  By activating one plugin after another you should be able to find the problem.

Asgaros has reacted to this post.
Asgaros
If you ever wonder how to return the favour for helping you.

This error indicates that the server has determined that you are not allowed access to the thing you’ve requested, either on purpose or due to a misconfiguration . It’s probably because the site owner has limited access to it and you don’t have permission to view it. The vast majority of the time, there’s not much you can do to fix things on your (*client) end. There are four common causes for 403 Forbidden error (server side) . Here they are listed from most likely to least likely:

• An empty website directory
  • No index page
  • Incorrect settings in the .htaccess file
  • Permission / Ownership error

If authentication credentials were provided in the request, the server considers them insufficient to grant access. The client SHOULD NOT automatically repeat the request with the same credentials. The client MAY repeat the request with new or different credentials. However, a request might be forbidden for reasons unrelated to the credentials.