Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2 quick questions – image in "Topics"? And copy posts to another forum?

I have 2 questions and I apologize if they’ve been answered somewhere else.  I’ve tried to scour your forum for these topics and have been unable to find them (if they’re here).

Question #1. Is there any way to replace the “read/unread” field with an image from within the topic, itself?  For example, my site allows front-end users to put agates up for sale. They’re requesting the ability to have photos of their stones outside of the post itself so someone browsing the topics can see a small thumbnail of the rock (as opposed to just a bunch of words trying to describe it).  A screenshot of the location I’m referring to will be uploaded below.

Question #2. I have my forums broken into 2 main categories: premium and standard stones.  However, a number of people have asked if they could have an option to simply see *every* stone that’s for sale (in one place).  Would it be possible to have every reply within certain topics (or every topic within certain forums) to be copied automatically to a “master list forum” where everything appears (as well as the category forums) ??

Any info would be helpful!  Thanks so much for all you do with this forum!! Its truly fantastic!

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20200204-003313_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for your questions and sorry for the late reply!

Currently I dont plan to add preview-icons based on the topics content because that would require a lot of data-parsing – which can dramatically decrease the performance of your website in case it contains a lot of posts and images.

However, I will check if I can add this or a master-list in a future update.

If you want to support the development of Asgaros Forum, you can leave a good review or donate. Thank you very much!