The Reporting feature in the forum is an important function to keep the forum healthy, objective and functional. If you do not have Rules Of Conduct, Guidelines and/or Terms Of Service, here are some suggestions for you to create something so that you can set user expectations and then act on topics or replies that are deemed in poor taste, offensive or in violation of published expectations:
- No abusive or slanderous language is allowed.
- Professional conduct and communication is expected of you.
- No sharing offensive or inappropriate material.
- No spamming.
- No sharing materials that belong to someone else, unless you have their permission.
Disagreements, negative opinions or points of view should not be discouraged, but they should not be personal or disparaging. You want to foster a courteous, respectful and an open environment known as community posting etiquette for all users.
Here are some publicly available examples of community Rules Of Conduct or guidelines for establishing good user behavior:
- Oracle Corporation Rules Of Conduct (see other links on the page for other parts of terms of service)
- Lithium Community Terms of Service (complete with everything, including rules of conduct)
- Beyond Guidelines: Setting the Stage for Good Behavior in your Community (considerations and thoughts)
- AureaWorks Terms and Conditions (complete with everything, including rules of conduct)
- Higher Logic Code Of Conduct (complete with everything, including rules of conduct)